UPDATE: Fortnite downtime has ended, though iOS customers could have hassle updating to model 9.01.
“Downtime has ended. Get a drop in your opponents with the brand new Tactical Assault Rifle now!” Epic confirmed.
“Gamers on iOS gadgets will likely be unable to login till the consumer replace for patch v9.01 turns into accessible on the App Retailer.”
ORIGINAL: Fortnite followers can obtain replace 9.01, as Epic Video games takes the sport offline for upkeep.
Regardless of the downtime, replace 9.01 isn’t packed full of latest options, though it does make some essential adjustments.
Slipstreams have seen the largest adjustments, having been disabled after Storm Part 5.
Followers can even be happy to listen to that they not block constructing.
Baller well being has additionally been decreased, which Epic believes will scale back its effectiveness as a defensive merchandise, with out impacting its strengths.
“The first objective of the Baller is to supply enjoyable and thrilling mobility. We really feel that it nonetheless has just a little an excessive amount of defensive company – this variation ought to scale back the effectiveness there whereas not impacting its strengths,” Epic confirms.
However the headline new function is the Tactical Assault Rifle, which is useful in tight quarters.
“Techniques take the day! This strong and exact assault rifle is the best possibility for tight quarters,” reads an Epic publish.
You possibly can see the total checklist of replace 9.01 patch notes beneath…
WEAPONS + ITEMS
Tactical Assault Rifle
• Accessible in Uncommon, Epic, and Legendary variants.
• Accessible from Ground Loot, Chests, Provide Drops, and Merchandising Machines
• Totally Computerized
• 30 Spherical Journal
• Offers 22/23/24 injury
• Headshot Multiplier of 1.75x
• This weapon has a good unfold in shut quarters however is much less efficient at lengthy vary when in comparison with different Assault Rifles.
• Decreased Baller well being from 200 to 150
• The first objective of the Baller is to supply enjoyable and thrilling mobility. We really feel that it nonetheless has just a little an excessive amount of defensive company – this variation ought to scale back the effectiveness there whereas not impacting its strengths.
• Drum Gun changes
• Decreased base injury from 26/27 to 22/23
• Since its unvaulting, the Drum Gun effectiveness has been barely increased than we needed. This modification ought to scale back its fight effectiveness whereas nonetheless retaining its taste.
• Vaulted Compact SMG
• Because of the latest addition of the Drum Gun and the model new Tactical Assault Rifle, we needed to cut back the provision of excessive rate-of-fire weapons.
• Slipstreams not block constructing.
• Attempting to construct as much as get right into a Slipstream needs to be a straightforward & intuitive expertise. We seen some circumstances the place gamers would construct as much as the Slipstream, however as a consequence of construct restrictions would take a ‘leap of religion’ and never make the bounce. This could make getting right into a Slipstream simpler.
• Gamers flying in a Slipstream will destroy participant constructed objects after they collide.
• Slipstreams at the moment are disabled after storm part 5.
• We’ve seen plenty of circumstances the place Slipstreams triggered points throughout late recreation circles – primarily round getting pulled into the storm unexpectedly. Because the worth of Slipstream mobility is proscribed in these eventualities, we felt it’s higher to easily disable them.
• Enhancements made to degree streaming efficiency on all platforms.
• This may scale back circumstances of buildings not loading in.
• Physics optimizations to enhance efficiency in conduits
Each day Specific :: Gaming Feed